AgShows NSW needs a new logo and we’re inviting you to create it
The Agricultural Societies Council of NSW has existed since 1929. Over the years, it has had several name changes. Most recently, the board resolved to maintain the current name Agricultural Societies Council of NSW Ltd as the legal entity and add a trading name - AgShows NSW - as a public facing brand. This new name needs a new logo.
AgShows NSW’s primary audience is the people who make up the show movement in the state; members of show societies and volunteers at shows, as well as those prospective members and volunteers. The secondary audiences are the general public (attendees at local shows, of which there are nearly 1 million annually in NSW) and policy-makers (people and organisations who make decisions that affect the future of shows and show societies).
- Design your logo or logos in inDesign (logos in Publisher, Canva or other tools will not be eligible for selection)
- Supply your logo both in colour and in monochrome (black and white) to this form by 5pm AEST 31 October, 2021.
- Include up to 200 words providing a rationale for your design.
- Include up to 200 words providing information about you and your link to agricultural shows.
- A panel of three judges will choose a short list of logos, up to 10, for consideration by the AgShows NSW board of directors
- The panel will meet in early November and provide the shortlist to the board for their December meeting where a final decision will be made
- The new logo will be launched via a marketing campaign before 2022.
- A $300 voucher to Accor Hotels.
- A press release to announce the new logo and celebrate the designer.
- A marketing campaign to celebrate the new logo and promote the designer.
ATTRIBUTES: AgShows NSW
- AgShows NSW is a reliable, dependable, familiar and accessible organisation.
- We are proud of our history and it is critical moving forward but we are progressive and constantly evolving. “Today’s innovation becomes tomorrow's tradition.”
- We exist exclusively for the service of the ag show movement, but we are accessible to those that want to be part of the show movement.
- Shows should be fun and not too serious, but the organisation is serious as we are the peak body relied upon by shows for leadership on education, risk management, biosecurity, lobbying government et al.
- AgShows NSW is striving to simplify serious issues to ensure ease of understanding and uptake across the movement.
- Some blue should be incorporated as the state colour.
- Symbols may be relevant (sheep, ribbons, cattle, wheat, horses).
- Country Shows SA is a logo the organisation likes.
Going forward, the organisation wants to be famous for:
- Young judges competitions
- Wheat competitions
- Showgirl competitions
- Helping shows run safe competitions
- Championing show volunteers
- Education through competition
- Education to patrons; across the country-city divide
- Being relevant
- Positioning and policy
The logo will appear on the organisation’s:
- social media
- marketing materials
- briefcases (potentially)
- office signage
- email signatures
- award plaques
- documents issued to government and agencies
- press releases
- emails to constituents
Form to submit a logo: https://forms.gle/VjQWS2sTRkYde3zv7