Rural Acheiver Competition
The Rules and Application form for the Rural Achiever competition are available on the RAS website https://www.rasnsw.com.au/sydney-royal-competitions/competitions/rural-achiever/
- Applications have closed for the 2022 Rural Achiever Award -
The RAS Rural Achiever Award is a state-wide leadership program run by the Royal Agricultural Society of NSW to recognise future young leaders who are working hard to make a significant contribution to their local community and to rural Australia. The Award aims to acknowledge the achievements of young people (20–29 years of age) in primary industry and rural communities.
The program promotes and facilitates unique agricultural industry networking opportunities with rural leaders and other likeminded individuals through RAS and ASC connections and functions during the Sydney Royal Easter Show. This heightens the opportunity for the recipients to become future leaders in primary industry or the rural community.
The recipients are given additional opportunities throughout the year such as representing NSW at the National Rural Ambassador Award, and the chance to partake in an exchange program.
As part of an ongoing alumni program the hope is that Rural Achievers also become ambassadors for the RAS and the wider Show movement.
If you wish to enquire about the Award, please contact the RAS on 02 9704 1160 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for how to run a Rural Ambassador Program at your Show.
2020 RAS Rural Achiever State Finalists:-
- Allister Clarke, Finley: Currently completing his bachelor of science in agriculture, Allister is exploring new technologies that may play a role in primary industries in the future with his PhD studies.
- Josie Clarke, Bellimbopinni: Coming from a multi-generational family of farmers, Josie is driven by the desire to see agricultural Australia receive the assistance and support it needs. Josie is studying a bachelor of science, majoring in plant science and biology.
- Mitchell Dwyer, Cowra: Working as an agronomist, Michael has benefited from some outstanding agricultural mentors throughout his bachelor of agricultural science and work experience. Michael strives to pay this forward and become an effective leader himself.
- Sally Gavin, Cumnock: Sally has followed an amazing career path, from her bachelor of animal science to working in agricultural sales and now livestock nutrition. Sally wants to inspire the next generation and continue to support others within the agricultural industry.
- Kory Graham, Sutton Forrest: Kory is an assistant farm manager and a keen competitor, taking advantage of everything that comes his way, to learn and broaden his knowledge. Raised in the city, Kory has thrown himself into the regional way of life.
- Dione Howard, Milbrulong: A veterinarian from Wagga Wagga, Dione works with local primary producers, helping them manage the health and wellbeing of their livestock, while immersing herself in agriculture leadership, educational and ambassador programs.
- Ryan McParland, Jamberoo: Finding a passion for local agricultural shows, Ryan played a founding role in his local show society's 'youth in ag' group and is working to build a community group for the South Coast and Tablelands, all while studying his bachelor of engineering.
- Siobhan Smith, Armidale: Studying a bachelor of agriculture/business and inspired by the era of agricultural innovation she is witnessing, Siobhan believes this is the most exciting time to be a young woman in agriculture and hopes to inspire other women to get involved.
Allister Clarke - email@example.com
Josie Clarke - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mitchell Dwyer - email@example.com
Sally Gavin - firstname.lastname@example.org
Kory Graham - email@example.com
Dione Howard - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ryan McParland - email@example.com
Siobhan Smith - firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2020 Rural Achiever is Dione Howard.
National Rural Ambassador Competition
This competition is run by the National body, Agricultural Shows Australia (ASA). Please visit www.agshowsaustralia.org.au for further information on the National competition.